Closes: Open Until Filled
Summary: Patient transporter drivers patients to various medical facilities for medical appointments within the local vicinity and on occasion to nearby towns/cities. Transporters will attend to their patient’s to ensure their safety, physical as well as overall comfort.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule and pick up patients in a timely manner to assure prompt arrival for medical appointments.
- Transport patients to and from medical appointments throughout the local vicinity.
- Instruct and enforce the rules of facility transportation to patients and passengers.
- Immediately notify Police official and facility transport supervisor in the event of a vehicle accident.
- Drivers may need to assist patients in wheel chairs and/or escort patients to designated areas within facility during patient’s visit.
- Operate wheelchair lift.
- When required, assist patients in and out of vehicle.
- Ensure patients and passengers are safely secured in vehicle.
- When not driving, drivers must tend to other medical vehicles for gas check and check whether vehicles are in need of routine car washes.
- Drivers may apply first aid, life saving techniques or resusitation on patients if they get ill during transit.
- Maintains mileage record keeping.
- Driver must have excellent people skills.
- Must be able to transport for early morning shifts.
- Implement and practice safe driving skills according to the applicable laws at all times.
- Job requires being sensitive to others’ needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
- Must be able to read road maps and/or comprehend verbal directional information.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License and be insurable under the Fort Mojave Indian Tribe Insurance Plan.
- Must submit a DMV/MVR printout which refelcts five (5) years.
- Have a mandatory CPR and First Aide Certification or willing to work toward one within 90 days from date of hire.
- Completion of High School Diploma or GED.